May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

Presidential Approval Ratings? And... I almost got intentionally hit!

I just found this interesting.

A couple weeks after Bill Clinton got served his impeachment papers, his approval rating was 73%.

GWB has yet to really make it over 50% since all the patriotic sympathetic hullaballoo as a result of 9/11 and the two invasions and capture of Saddam. The only way, it seems, for him to get his approval ratings to go up is to attack or be attacked.

Sure would be nice if we had a country that would raise approval ratings when we have health-care or a safety net that provides for the basic well-being of its citizens. Nope, not yet, at least.


Regarding almost getting hit: I went to the Grocery Outlet today on my way home from work and stocked my bike basket and backpack pretty full up with groceries and then was biking up 29th St between Broadway and Harrison on my way home.

As I began to go downhill toward Harrison, a car much like this Olds Toronado, except jet black and tricked out with spinners on the hubs, driven by a man with dreadlocks was coming up the street toward me. Except... instead of being on the right side of the road, the driver decided to swerve his car all the way into the oncoming lane (my lane) and proceeded to accelerate all the way up the street at me, not 3 feet from the parked cars. I slammed on my brakes and pulled behind a parked car. The thought of playing chicken never even occurred to me. I wonder what was up with that guy. Was he high? Was he listening to music that made him angry? Was he mean, or just an asshole? I don't know, and probably never will. I shrugged it off, but thought I'd share some of the beauty that is Oakland.


music: Rufus Wainwright - Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk

colors: brown and peach

mood: sleepy

chant/prayer/mantra:
Well, well, well.

pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter