May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Saturday, July 1, 2006

 

Independence From God Drum


 
JD here. I've hijacked Joel's blog (though he did give me permission to do so long ago) because I figured this photo fits better here than it does in my blog. Also, I think it's a nice image for Independence Day weekend. The drummer is a guy who sets up his drumset and plays the most painfully dull straight-ahead rock beats all by his lonesome down in Waikiki. He looks sort of like the drummer from Journey, circa the video for the song Separate Ways (You know, the one where the woman with the bad 80s hairdo walks around a deserted shipyard for no apparent reason whatsoever, while the band lip syncs with too much enthusiasm nearby?).

music: Bill Laswell - City of Light

colors: deep black and silky blue-green

mood: disconnected

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter