Monday, June 12, 2006
quiz answers from me
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:00 am. it's summer, with a little slack time, where i
would normally be going to bed at 3:00 and getting up at 11:00, but i'm trying to avoid getting out
of phase with the rest of the world.
2. Diamonds or pearls? pearls are pretty, but i couldn't ever see myself with one. a diamond would
look nice on a guitar head maybe.
3. whats your favorite bo0k? i have a list of about 300 bo0ks i need to get to, and about 80 that
i've started but not finished. i really like the dictionary, and i have a bo0k of bob dylan tunes i
need to learn i suppose.
4. What's your favorite TV show? i try to watch nothing live because 99% of the commercials disgust
me. i grew up as a latch-key kid, with gilligan's island, and i'm sticking with that.
5. What did you have for breakfast? strawberry vanilla hemp granola with organic vanana yogurt and
rice milk, and some cold coffee with lite chocolate silk soy milk, and some spirulina juice.
6. What is your middle name? the same as my father's first name
7. What is your favorite cuisine? i love so many different types of food. indian, thai, ethiopian,
pizza, italian, mexican. if i had to give up all but one, i'd go with italian.
8. What foods do you dislike? sashimi, foie gras, regular liver, any birds other than turkey or
9. Your favorite potato chip? sour cream and onion
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? i don't know, so i'll go with the all time favorites. i
will never not be mad about stoner witch by the melvins, daydream nation by sonic youth, hit to death
in the future head by flaming lips, aenima by tool, louder than bombs by the smiths, and ascension by
11. What is your favorite car or truck? i loved my used brown 1976 amc hornet, and would like a ford
f-150 custom deluxe, other than the loudness and the gas mileage. i want my next car to get more
than 60 mph.
12. Favorite sandwich? barbequed beef on bun. :) lettuce and tomato sandwich, and grilled cheese
(cheddar and muenster) with braised tomato and bacon.
13. What characteristics do you despise? stupidity, ignorance, meanness - especially when they are
14. Favorite item of clothing? i found a pair of 36" waist red denim shorts at a flying-j just
outside of chicago. when i'm thin i like them a lot. otherwise, i have several hats i like.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? india. ideally, through a
route of japan to korea to thailand, vietnam, china, tibet, india, pakistan, afghanistan, iran, iraq,
turkey, moscow, czech republic, italy, germany, poland, scandinavia....
16. What color is your bathroom? my current bathroom is totally blah. i still live in a bathroom at
322 south hamilton with red, white, and blue plaid wallpaper.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? world industries. can skateboarding be a brand?
18. Where would you want to retire? amsterdam
19. Favorite time of day? 10pm to 4am
20. Where were you born? minneapolis, minnesota
21. Favorite sport to watch? volleyball
22. Who do you least expect to send this back? i don't know what this question means, but i am
guessing its not applicable if its not in an email chain.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? see above.
24. What laundry detergent do you use? i'm not really brand-loyal, but i try to find something
organic like eco-something-or-other
25. Coke or Pepsi? fuck, do i ever hate this question. its assumption about product marketing is
extreme anathema to me. when i have a choice, i get the generic stuff like shasta or safeway.
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? night. though i've found it sometimes works to write
papers the morning they're due.
27. What size shoe do you wear? 13 basketball, 14 running, dress shoes, 13 or 14
28. Do you have pets? yes, a dog who is beautiful and cunning and likes to sleep in. two cats who
hang out in a basket and punch at each other.
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? my studio space / office is almost
organized, and then i will make music and a bo0k.
30. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? a president, but knowing the
american system, i see that benevelent dictator would be better. i also thought about philosopher,
but could never figure out how folks like aristotle, descartes, plato, etc were able to make ends
31. What is your favorite candy bar? mars? zagnut? heath? i dunno.
32. What is your best childhood memory? i rode my bike down a big mound of dirt over a block away
from my house and got all the way back to my driveway without ever pedaling
33. What are the different jobs you have had? newspaper subscription seller (never sold one in three
days!), newspaper delivery person, retail service cashier/stocker, dishwasher, waiter, cook, math
tutor, bartender, baker, cab driver, production assistant, shipping assistant, customer service
associate, technical support, quality assurance engineer, senior quality assurance engineer, project
manager, library circulation assistant, audio consultant
35. Nicknames? bud, budward, ace, guido, gump, gilbert, lunk, lunkhead, "the big dumb one"
36. Piercing? yes, five. i had a tongue piercing once, but it got infected and my tongue turned
green. that sucked.
37. Eye color? green
38. Ever been to Africa? not yet.
39. Ever been toilet papering? lots of times in high school. then i got into a car accident with a
few unused rolls of t.p. in the back seat. my parents==not happy
40. Love someone so much it made you cry? yes, sometimes when i think about jesus.
41. Been in a boat accident? i drove a boat directly into a dock once, but it didn't damage anything
except my pride.
(true, same as j.d.)
42. Croutons or bacon bits? both. i like the really spicy oily croutons, and the really fake salty
generic imitation bacon bits.
43. Favorite day of the week? friday, when i like to wear red underwear...
44. Favorite restaurant? pavlov's pizza on willy street in madison.
45. Favorite flower? carnations
46. Favorite ice cream? blue bunny brand, for that funny fake taste.
47. Disney or Warner Brothers? warner brothers, i suppose. though i wish that kind of stuff could be
independent, without the close studio ties
48. Favorite fast food restaurant? taco bell, or arby's
50. How many times did you fail your driver's test? we were supposed to take one?
51. From whom did you get your last email? from one of my fellow seminarians, on the student listserv
52. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? zzounds.com. even though i'm trying to
live simply, i still have gearlust for music equipment, including a tenor saxophone, a left-handed
guitar, and a few specific microphones, plus a metasonix ts-21 hellfire modulator, but i guess
zzounds doesn't have that....
54. Bedtime? lately midnight +/- an hour, sadly.
55. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? anyone who responds.
56. Last person you went to dinner with? stephanie and amy and i had indian food on judah.
58. What are you listening to right now? the sound of a gilmore girls dvd
59. What is your favorite color? single color: grey; two-color combo: green and purple; three-color
combo: various hues of yellow, orange, and blue.
60. Lake, ocean or river? cloudy clouds
61. How many tattoos do you have? three, kind of. i plan on more as time, budget, and will call for
62. What is your goal for 2006? to prepare for 2007, and to enjoy.
music: the clash combat rock
no more lists, please. if you made it all the way through this post, congrats, but perhaps your time could better be applied toward better writing material? i'm just sayin..