May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Monday, December 17, 2007

 

A Wrap-up Post for the Fall Semester

Death, Dying, and Bereavement: Got prepared to be in touch with the realities of mortality. Hopefully this has been good preparation for chaplaincy internship this summer (if I get one -- still waiting to hear back!)

(The Life, Work, and Trans-national Communities of) Bawa Muhaiyaddeen: In addition to the direct wisdom given by Bawa, this course provided a brand new context for understanding how religions develop. Specifically, I found myself asking -- and coming close to finding answers to -- questions examining the differences and similarities between the roles of prophets, sheikhs/priests/ministers, in terms of introducing revelatory knowledge in the former role, or interpreting/expanding on that knowledge in the latter. And I found myself examining how the role of the latter, when expanding on the knowledge can be similar to new revelation, especially when Bawa is telling stories about past prophets.

UU Polity: Wow. If you want to have a group of people living in community, you need to have rules and principles for how we can live together. What are they, and where do they come from?

Chapel Committee: Getting involved in our community's worship life. Very involving and time-consuming.

Oakland Youth Group: Connecting back in with the energy, and syncing up with the next generation. Makes me feel old.

Edges Magazine: Volume 3 now in progress!


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

PS- Interstate Highway I-35 may be holy. Who knew?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter