May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

 

Regarding John 3:17

So, today, I came across the John317Project.org website, while looking up a different prison ministry so I could order their booklet (Change Your Life Biblically, recommended by a guy I who I had lunch with on the street in Berkeley). Following this "if you were to die today" link will get you to the crux (no pun intended) of the matter regarding why I'm blogging right now instead of studying....

Anyway, John 3:17 is one of my favorite Bible verses, because it clarifies John 3:16 so well -- "not to judge/condemn, but to save..." I have to finish up here quickly because somebody else wants to get on the school computer, so I'll be brief. If you are able to read the "if you were to die today" link, you may either take the salvational model on faith, as many do, or you may be in a state of questioning, wondering how does this grace get passed to us through this dying-on-the-cross business anyway? That, to me, is a huge growing edge for Christianity, as to my knowledge, nobody really has answered that one with anything other than the age-old "and then a miracle occurs" part of the proof (see fig.1 at right for the mathematical symbology). That's one part I'm aiming to treat up eventually.

lyrics: zoom, zoom, zoom (remember that car commercial? the ppl who wrote that song made out like bandits on royalties)

colors: red, white, brown

mood: okay.

chant/prayer/mantra: no news is good news (sometimes)


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter