May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

Some Pics at the Library

Hi Everyone-

I mentioned the opening of the Center for Islamic Studies several weeks back, and want to take just a moment to post a few pics that I took of the opening exhibit at the library with my sweetie's camera (Ibrahim, I know I originally said I'd upload some pics from my camera, but those had horrible quality).

Here they are (click to embiggen).





When I took the pictures, I found it frustrating that the skylight was reflecting so brightly off of the glass of the display case, but now that I see the pictures, I kind of like it. The book that is covered up in the last photo is called "Islam: Art and Architecture."

lyrics: "I've got an angel. His name is Steve. He's kind and gentle, and he's watching over me. Thanks Steve!" One Beautiful Day, by Marcus Bovre and the Evil Twins

colors: the color of the wooden display cases above

mood: harried. gotta drop off the cats at the sitter, and then hop an airplane today.

chant/prayer/mantra: communication is key.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter