May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

 

Quick quote from my friend Mark

My old friend Mark, who I haven't seen in a few years once said this to me over a decade ago, and I wrote it down on a little yellow piece of paper. (I have hundreds, perhaps tens of hundreds, of little pieces of paper with things written down on them. My prayer is that some day, they will come together and unite in harmony.)

"Our goal is not to make up people's minds for them, but to make the decision making process so agonizing that the only way to get out is to think."

I figured I'd write it down here before I lost track of it. He may have been quoting somebody else, or it may be original. Either way, it's telling of an important strategy of rhetoric -- I have faith that getting a listener/reader to really think is even more powerful than drubbing them over the head with repetition (though that probably has its place).

lyrics: Right outta iTunes shuffler: "That's it! I have had it with these motherfncking snakes on this motherfrcking plane!" -Cobra Starship, "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)", vocal sample courtesy of Samuel L. Jackson

colors: coconut with rainbows

mood: busy busy

chant/prayer/mantra: That all these little yellow slips of paper may come together and unite in harmony.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter