May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

"President Asshole," Presidents and Assholes, Clown Bible

A friend of mine, who shall remain anonymous, used the phrase in the title of this post. When I accused her of name-calling, she said she "wasn't calling anyone names, just using metaphor as it was meant to be used." I guess have a lot to learn still.

It reminds me of the drinking game "Presidents and Assholes." I always liked the term "vice-asshole." The rules from the link previous are close to our group's (nothing special about 4's, the joker can clear after 2's have cleared, plus a couple more related to multi-card groups), but there are so many variations you just need to clarify them at the beginning anyway.

lyrics: "I'm Sa-a-amson, and I'm craaaazy."
I just got back from a low-budget start-up play called "Clown Bible." It tells the narrative of the bible using clowns. If you're reading my blog, odds are good that you'd like it (even you, E!). started off a little slow, and then all of a sudden midway through the show, all of the actors/characters really drew everyone in. I hope that this first run can inspire some "angel investors" (oh, how I do dislike that term), so they can tour it on the road into regular theaters and pay the performers what they're really worth.

colors: green and blue. no scratch that -- "spiraling prismatic lights!"

mood: tired, low-energy, goofy. i really messed up my sleep schedule a couple days ago and am still recovering. i gave six massages today. well, actually 5.5. and then i had the best meal i've had this month (including sushi) at the soup kitchen.

chant/prayer/mantra: bless us, every one.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments:
"started off a little slow, and then all of a sudden midway through the show, all of the actors/characters really drew everyone in"

Hm, sort of like the bible itself? Unfortunately, to me, it gets pretty wierd after the book of John. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter