May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

The Big Veto: "The American people did not vote for failure..."

In today's news, regarding the fearless guy presiding over the United States:

... ordered a US troop increase in January to help end sectarian killings and bolster Iraq's government, has shown no sign he will budge.

'The American people did not vote for failure and that is precisely what the Democratic leadership bill would guarantee,' he said Tuesday.

Well, it takes two to tango. The American people did not all get to vote in 2000 and 2004, and may well not get to in 2008 either. This is bull hooey. The American people voted for success in 2006. If they don't get it, perhaps its because of somebody vetoing a successful plan. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean that one of us is right and one of us is wrong. I feel a planet-sized headache coming on, or more accurately, getting worse.

lyrics: My Pal Foot-Foot, by the Shaggs.

colors: cocoa brown with rainbows.

mood: crappy. my favorite cat sid has (likely untreatable) intestinal cancer.

chant/prayer/mantra: life goes on for those who carry the torch. carry it well.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter