May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006

 

Android Time!!

music: elvis - suspicious minds; angels envy - les lokey

colors: flesh colored

mood: kind of psyched up for my paper on emerson now that i've seen this android business

thoughts: Here's the world's second "android". not sure whether it comes closer to Real Doll or to the replicants from Blade Runner.

My cynical guess is that it'll see use as the former first.

Considering that they introduced this product/person to 60 schoolchildren, and considering the weird-out people get from the verisimilitudinous human likeness of these androids (known as the Uncanny Valley principle), I wonder if they'll be traumatized at all.

chant/prayer/mantra:
The people with the most money will be the early adopters. The people without enough food or decent water will likely never see one of these.

pax hominibus,
joel

"And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter