May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, November 25, 2005

 

Crash, Bahar Soomekh, and Women's rights.

 
music: Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

colors: Blue, Blue, Red, and White

mood: same ol same ol

thoughts: My partner and I just got done watching the movie Crash. In addition to dealing with the myriad of race-related issues that they covered (brutally and honestly, not just some type of discussion), I think they did an excellent job casting. While you can't beat Don Cheadle or Michael Peña or Matt Dillon, and Ludracris did a great job, the women in the film were fabulous, and beautiful. We didn't recognize Marina Sirtis at first, since she didn't have her Star Trek uniform on, but the actresses who most caught my eye were Bahar Soomekh and Thandie Newton.

While I was looking up info on beautiful Bahar Soomekh, I ended up at this beautiful blog.


Then of course, there's also this site, by women in Afghanistan fighting for their rights:


And of course, even in the "freest country on earth", they're still needing to fight.


When are women going to get what they deserve?

And I end up at these pages halfway by accident, because why is it that I can't help but see the erotic in exotic, and then follow?...

And Sandra Bullock, even though not exotic, did such an astounding job in Crash. My respect for her was furthered even further when I heard about her in the 'behind the scenes' section of the DVD. Actually, my respect for the whole team went up quite a bit upon watching the 'behind the scenes'.

chant/prayer/mantra:
What lurks behind?


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter