May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Saturday, July 2, 2005

 

Re: fireworks


Oh, and BTW, hardly anyone reads my blog either. :)  Maybe because it's new...  It takes a rock band how long to get established?  Probably takes about the square root of that amount of time for a blogger to get established, maybe a bit longer....

I think it's going to be cool to bounce ideas off each other in cyberspace.  I've been finding in real life that I've been feeling more friendly but also a tad more distant since making the decision to go into Ministry.  Maybe I'll get back to a good state of stasis, hopefully.  All else is good, but a real bit hectic preparing for the move.  Stephanie's taken away the Play Station with very limited rights (about 2 hours a week), which was kind of traumatic at first, but I really was spending too much time playing that Everquest-style game.  My main character, Xianya, is a level 80 Ranger, with big blonde pigtails high up on the back of her head, like I like to wear it.  You could say I've been borderline addicted, as I've spawned about 6 other characters: Arkestra Zee (a 30 something bald female magic user), Sweet J C Sunshine (a 20 something level female Cleric, with normal long hair), Birdcaller Jones (a  ~12th level Witch Sorcerer, female with 8" gray spikey curly hair), Tetreus (a great big 5th level male fighter, with face tattoos and spiked hair and a goatee -- norsk all the way), and a couple other new ones that I started up on Champions of Norrath 2.  I'll tell you about all the groovy weapons and spells some other time maybe.  Or maybe not.  More important stuff to do these days...


Hitting Happy Helmet with Hammer,
Happy-Happy. Joy-Joy,
Joel

P.S.- JD if you want me to edit out the part below, let me know.

On 7/2/05, Jonathan Derek Baker > wrote:
Cool, I dig the blog. I've been tempted to start one, but have been
playing with myspace instead - a little less pressure to write
something insightful, since hardly anyone reads what their friends
write there: http://www.myspace.com/elseed

I'm going to try to capture some of the "young children playing with
fire / 3rd world country-type" 4th celebration stuff this year with my
camera, which can do video with sound too. Boom. Here's hoping we get
some cool towering thunderhead clouds for a backdrop.

Happy weekend to ya.
JD

----- Original Message -----
From: Joel < >
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2005 4:23 pm
Subject: Re: fireworks

> Hooray, that's sweet! In honor of everyone around lighting off
> fireworks,
> I'm putting in my earplugs, [(edit) and cranking the music], and wearing my Clinton/Gore
> Red,White,Blue
> shirt. And you know what that means.. :)
>
> Happy Saturday, July 2nd.
>
> Big hug,
> Joel
>
> PS. BTW, I just started a blog last week:
> http://revjd.blogspot.com/ (hope
> you don't mind I'm using our shared initials for it.)
>
> On 7/2/05, Jonathan Derek Baker <> wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > Thought you might like these photos - the boxes of fireworks dug
> into> the beach were eerily coffin-sized.




With American flag:


With sailboat:




Happy Explosives Day, everyone!
JD




Peace,
Joel
-----
Man is tormented by no greater anxiety
than to find someone quickly to whom he can
hand over that gift of freedom
with which the ill-fated creature is born.
But only one who can appease their conscience
can take over their freedom....

Thou didst choose what was utterly beyond
the strength of men, acting as though
Thou didst not love them at all --
Thou who didst come to give Thy life for them!
Instead of taking possession of men's freedom,
Thou didst increase it, and burdened the spiritual kingdom
of mankind with its sufferings for ever.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Grand Inquisitor


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter