May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

Fritz Eichenberg's Woodcuts

Ever since I saw the woodcut engravings in Dostoevsky's "Grand Inquisitor", I've loved Fritz Eichenberg's work. Especially the folly pieces, most especially "The Folly of the Popes," which feels especially applicable given that the last four weeks of my Christ, Krishna, Buddha class have been focused on Patristic Christology.

I wonder how many people starved in the streets, or were nailed up while they were debating details on the structure of the body, spirit, nature, and origin of Christ and the Logos. Me, I always thought the function of Christ was the important part, perhaps to the degree that the Christology (what's our savior look like) seems a lot more like soteriology (how are we saved)


lyrics: "I don't care if their teeth are big. I don't care if their legs are big. I don't care if her hair is a wig. Why waste time looking at the waistline? First, I look at the purse." - First I look at the Purse, by Contours

colors: black and white

mood: how about that economy crashing down? i kind of thought it would be 1-3 years further down -- perhaps the u.s. government will be able to fend it off this time.

chant/prayer/mantra: may we look beyond all of our human constructions, and realize the true nature of all our resources.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter