Tuesday, April 3, 2007
My Virgin Mary Recipe
2. Shake worchestershire sauce into the mix until it turns to a "tasty shade" of brick red. Start with 10-12 shakes.
3. Shake in some good-quality hot-pepper sauce (Tabasco brand or better, don't be cheap). If a small bottle, shake in 10-15 shakes, if a large bottle, 8-10 (modify to taste of course).
4. Shake in some ground black pepper until it forms a pool in the middle about the size of a standard poker chip.
5. Add one capful of lime juice, either from a lime or a lime juice bottle.
6. Add a couple ounces of pickle juice.
7. Add 2-3 shakes of celery salt, but don't go too heavy on it.
8. Add a couple shakes of regular salt or kosher salt, to add extra flavor.
9. Add horseradish to taste. I usually put in about the size of a marble.
Put on the lid, then shake the jar like mad for 20-30 seconds.
Serve over ice in 16 ounce glasses (serves about 6).
Garnish with pickle and olives on a toothpick, spear, or skewer. Optional garnishes include celery, mushroom, onion, and if you're a meat-eater -- sliced chicken breast, shrimp, or beef jerky (if not too tough).
lyrics: Something unintelligible off of Godflesh's "Pure" album.
colors: scintillating gold, with periwinkle specks.
mood: la la.
chant/prayer/mantra: shake it like mad.