May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

 

Waking up early, doing the papers

No, not my grade-school paper route for the St. Paul Pioneer Press. The last couple days I've been reading about the Cyrus Cylinder, and the biblical books of Nehemiah and Ezra. After all that reading, I think I am moving King Cyrus of Persia up near the top of my list of people I'd like to meet.

Anyway, now I need to write about it to get a little grading and make up for a so-so performance on the midterm.

lyrics:
I've fixed your favorite dishes
Hopin' this good food fills ya
Work my hands to the bone in the kitchen alone
You better eat if it kills ya.
-Cab Calloway, Everybody Eats when they Come to My House

colors: grey, cerulean blue

mood: sleepy

chant/prayer/mantra: dig in and write.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter