May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, November 3, 2006

 

Visited by Angels Selling Books Last Night

A couple college youths stopped by yesterday evening to sell us some books. They were so sweet. I invited them in and we chatted a bit while I picked out a few books that fit. While I was looking through the books I was half-boggled by the goofiness of the process. Each book had a certain number of credits attached to it, and each credit got them a certain amount closer to a thousand dollar scholarship toward UC-Berkeley. And each credit cost some number of dollars, a number which was a bit obfuscated, I'd assert.

In the end, I think I bought about a hundred and fifty bucks worth of books, but they'll turn out handy, I'm certain.

lyrics:
Cloud hands reaching from a rainbow
Tapping at the window touch your hair

So swift and bright
Strange figures of light
Float in air

Who can stop what must arrive now?
Something new is waiting to be born
Crazy Fingers, by the Grateful Dead

colors: grey-green

mood: eh.

chant/prayer/mantra: make.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments:
Quoting GD lyrics? Have you become one of the believers after all these years? Have you joined us?
 
hm, i hope you actually receive the books. We got ripped of by just such a scam last year. Let us know, because we pretty much ignore these kids now.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
In response to Gaile, yeah, I was just thinking about these books. I sent in the second payment sometime in mid-December, and they say it takes between 90-120 days to receive shipment, so I'm thinking they should be coming pretty soon.

I do wonder why it takes so darn long. Are they shipping them from another planet?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter