May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

 

Dream: An opportunity to work for the paralyzed son of Dick Cheney

.
What a couple of weird dreams I had last night.

In the first one, a bunch of us, including my partner and mother-in-law were running around on gravel paths and across rivers of this giant estate. I recall there were horses, floods, and somehow Doctor Who was involved. And near the end of the dream, one of our horses had gone its own way, and it got chased down by a much larger, much faster grey stone guard horse that had one off-center horn (it did not seem at all like a unicorn, and i'm not sure if its other horn was missing or broken off).


In the other dream, which occurred just before waking, I had been waiting tables at some restaurant/bar. (It's been 13 years since I worked in restaurants--longer now away from waiting tables than I had been working in them. It's annoying to still have these dreams and seemingly work 8 hours of frustrating work and not get paid.) In any case, for this shift, I was working in the basement room with two other waitstaff, and there were a total of 4 tables the entire shift, and none of those tables were mine. I had no tables, and was getting kind of miffed at the manager for keeping us all on. Then I checked my tip envelope to see if I had gotten anything from my previous shift (because sometimes if you have tables that camp at the end of your shift, you can clear most of the table, and get somebody else to watch them for you, and finish serving if need be, and clean up). In this envelope, was about $30-35 in tips--I recalled I had waited on a table of about 12 or so--and there were also three personal checks. I looked at them, and all three of them were from the same person--Steve Cheney--all were blank except one that had $48239 written into the number blank, and none were signed.

So I ended up looking this guy up on the web and found out that he was actually quite wealthy, and paralyzed. On his website, he told stories about how he was big on giving to charities, and lived with a catholic nun in this giant house, had enough wealth that he could drive his Lamborghini around inside of his house if he wanted to. I contacted him to find out why he left me the three unsigned checks, and he invited me over. He was standing out in the driveway when I met him, and I found him to be really friendly and cordial. He actually looked a bit like a cross between Chris Penn and the guy who played Napoleon Dynamite, and he could walk just fine. But apparently he still considered himself paralyzed.

And he had this enormous home about 100 feet tall. It looked kind of like a cross between a barn, a church, and the Taj Mahal. It was kind of rounded and surrounded by beautiful deciduous trees in the autumn. The home had a canopied entry drive with large columns 15 feet high and 5 feet in diameter. These columns and the home itself were covered in little 1/2" x 2.5" tiles. The colors were red, white, and blue, but not exactly American flag colors, but more accurate IMHO, especially the blue. The tiles were pretty much all in place, but the grouting job that somebody had done was really poor. There were found globs of grouting hardened into place, looking like little white nipples between the tiles, and in other places, it was just uneven. So he asked me if I would be interested in redoing the work. It was around that time that I woke up.


chant/prayer/mantra: Dear Joseph, what could be the meaning of this dream?


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter