May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, November 20, 2009

 

TBLG Rights, and Transgender Remembrance Day

.Must... remember... to pound... through.... thick.... skull...

Nov. 20 every year is the annual
Transgender Day of Remembrance
.

(I suppose I could also get it into my PDA calendar, if I ever get one again that doesn't get crushed, lost, or stolen.)

And also, here's an interesting image (at right) showing different LGBT rights in different parts of the world at present. The link just above is to the current state of affairs. The picture below is a snapshot (seems to be fair use, and covered under Creative Commons licensing--owners are listed at the link above) of what it looks like on this day, Nov. 20, 2009. We'll see how it changes over the years. It's interesting to note that Iowa is the only dark blue in the middle of the country, amid a sea of other colors.


lyrics: "There's more to love than boy meets girl."
From There's More to Love than Boy Meets Girl, by the Communards



pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter