May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Monday, March 16, 2009

 

Deforestation in Ariquernes, Brazil

.
Here is a satellite's eye view of the deforestation in the Amazon Rainforest.

I just thought I'd leave a note here on my blog that I saw it. It looks like one helluva scar, 100 miles wide by 400 miles long. One big scar, about the size of Kentucky!



And another view of an area called Ruropolis (I wonder who named it that?)


Where does all that wood GO TO??? Is the land usable after it's been clear-cut?

chant/prayer/mantra: For our home, Earth. May we see fit to bless it and save it and all its creatures from ourselves, before it pays us back.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter