May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

 

Iron Jawed Angels, ERA, Girl Genius, BBWW

Hi All-

My sweetie and I just got done watching Iron Jawed Angels, starring Hilary Swank, Anjelica Huston, and Francis O'Connor. It's a movie about suffragettes during the 1910's who fought tooth and nail for women's rights, and how hard they had to struggle and the jail time they did, just to get the right to vote and to try to get an Equal Rights Amendment for women's equality (still waiting almost 90 years later for that to be ratified by enough states, BTW). See this movie-- it's stunning and inspiring.

Also, while I'm in the mood, here's Girl Genius comics, Big Beautiful Wonder Woman, and Wapsi Square.

lyrics: Something by Velvet Underground.

colors: Pink.

mood: Beat.

chant/prayer/mantra: Make mine Code Pink please.


pax hominibus,
joel

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter