May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Cindy Sheehan runs out of energy

Well, Cindy Sheehan is finally sick of it, and offered up her public resignation from social activism the other day. Frankly I'm amazed she lasted this long, considering how difficult and unsustainable (and mostly thankless) her position must've been throughout. Being a person who speaks out about things makes one -- and the things one says -- a target for those who disagree, and even for those who agree but are afraid of your methods, motives, or outspokenness.

A note from fellow seminarian Neal, 'It is one thing to be prophetic and another to "deal" with or at times "suffer" the consequences of ones prophecy.'

Rabbi Michael Lerner speaks to this in an insightful letter which I will either post here if given permission or link to if/when I can find it.

lyrics: "the "vroop, vroop" guitar sound from Primus' "John the Fisherman"

colors: grey with rainbows (the new default)

mood: a little slack, but charging up.

chant/prayer/mantra: power to the prophets.


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter