May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Monday, May 28, 2007

 

autosigs

The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx
It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
- JRR Tolkien
The only way to entertain some folks is to listen to them.
- Kin Hubbard
Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.
- Marlo Thomas
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
- Orson Welles
The opposite of talking isn't listening. The opposite of talking is waiting.
- Fran Lebowitz
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims. [or to use them as autosigs!]
- Aristotle

A pure mind is one that has grown dispassionate to thoughts of past and future, and has no hankering for any sights, sounds, smells, tastes, tactile sensations, or ideas at all.
- Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo from dharmaweb.org
--
pax hominibus,
agape to everyone,
joel


http://revjd.blogspot.com/

Once in a while, the time will come
To surrender everything you have to give
Once in a while, the time will come
To surrender everything you have to give
-Flaming Lips, "Superhumans"

Enlightenment means choosing to dwell in the state of presence rather than in time. It means saying yes to what is.
-Eckhart Tolle

All formal dogmatic religions are fallacious and must never be accepted by self-respecting persons as final.
-Hypatia of Alexandria

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter