May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

 

National Alliance to End Homelessness

.
I just had a very enlightening talk with the director of Episcopal Community Services here in San Francisco. He blessed me with a lot of knowledge about (among many other things) how their organization works, and some suggestions of what it would take for other groups to start up. He also gave me a brief tour.

During the course of our conversation, he mentioned the National Alliance to End Homelessness, so I want to make sure to add that to my bookmarks, and share it here as well. To be clear, I support ending homelessness, and think its an absolute travesty that there is such an economic disparity in this country/world that there are people who own buildings (through bank foreclosures, etc) which sit empty, but don't even know that they own those buildings, and there are others who literally sleep on the sidewalk. It's a further travesty that creating homes for ALL of the people who are homeless in the US would cost less than $100 billion, which is about as much as the US government spends on war every two months.

I could go on about my thoughts, but I have other work to do today.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter