May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Monday, February 16, 2009

 

How Protests Work

This post on HowStuffWorks.com kind of made me chuckle. I'm not sure why, but I think it struck a chord.

The methods of protest vary greatly. One activist may create a stirring piece of art to highlight his or her cause, or a thousand activists may rally together in the streets. Either way, the aim is simple: Draw enough attention to a message, convince enough people of your cause's moral superiority and you can change the way a government, industry or society acts and thinks.

chant/prayer/mantra: May all necessary change one day be good, quick, and non-violent. Amen.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter