May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, January 23, 2009

 

Logocracy could come close...

 So I was thinking of a government that automatically ran itself somehow.  And wondering if maybe "Autocracy" was the correct word, because linguistically, that seems sensible.  However, autocracy describes a type of tyrannical rule similar to a dictatorship.

I kept looking at the list of government types to the right, and came to Logocracy.  We have a bit of logocracy blended in here in the U.S. I would say, and not necessarily in a good way.
I wonder, however, if the rule of words themselves -- if they could be distanced from those who say them in some fashion, or democratically decided upon -- if those words could eventually lead into a deep ethical code that would govern?  It's already a little underway in the U.S. system of law, and probably other governments as well, but here at least, it's been corrupted a bit.  Just a thought, to work on.  Probably takes a lot of review and tempering to get it into shape enough where people are less critical, except as the executors of that which is deemed to be the moral backbone.  Rule one: it has to be as benificent as possible across the board.  Perhaps a combination of Sociocracy as well.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter