May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, November 28, 2008

 

Google on Xgender Remembrance Day

Wow. I am impressed, inspired and reassured by this post on Google's official blog site.

Transgender Remembrance Day happens every November 20th.

(Oh, and regarding the title, I frequently use x as shorthand for "trans." Also as shorthand for "christ," though the two are not necessarily to be equated, just because they share a homonymic prefix.)

lyrics: "You live on Avenue Q. Your friends do too." - Avenue Q Theme

color: impressed.

mood:

chant/prayer/mantra:


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , ,


Comments:
very cool post. I really wanted to work at Google Seattle at one time, and their work environment was a big part of that. Even in healthcare I witness trans discrimination, which always catches me by surprise - not sure why, as empathy isn't exactly a typical american 'value' - I guess I want to think people in helping professions would have a bit more of it. Happy thanksgiving to you both!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter