May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Friday, December 12, 2008

 

Oooooga!

Well, I'm exhausted. I'm writing a 25 page paper for the "Christ, Krishna, Buddha: Towards a New Theology of Divine Embodiment" course, and it's been trying. I've been resisting doing it, and getting enough done at each stage to make it come into being, but it's been DIFFICULT, as if I'm taking the resistive energy from ancient sources. The paper is supposed to plum the depths of ontological grounding, and the nature of the flux between ultimate reality and the story we (as experiencing subjects) tell about it. It's due today at 5 pm. I hope it's done by then, and not too slipshod... I've got several good sources to draw from, and the quotes already pulled into an outline, and I've been chewing down the outline into the written sections.

lyrics:
The sun burned hot, it burned my eyes
Burned so hot I thought I'd died
Thought I'd died and gone to hell
Lookin' for the water from a deeper well
I went to the river but the river was dry
I fell to my knees an I looked to the sky
I looked to the sky and the spring rain fell
I saw the water from a deeper well
-Emmylou Harris, Deeper Well

colors: Green, Red, Brown, and White (trying to get into the Xmas spirit, don't ya know?)
In other news, we found an artificial Christmas tree still in-box, with a tag saying "free" on it, sitting on the corner the other evening while we were walking the dog. It looks just fine in our living room.

mood: Soul-tired.

chant/prayer/mantra: Simply for strength, for myself, to finish this paper. And for all the others who need to finish papers, now or in the future.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter