May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

 

Re: The final push in Oakland

Dear Mary Jane,

I imagine this Janice Hahn may be a good candidate, however
I will not be helping Organizing for America now or in 2012.

I am entirely disenfranchised with the right/centrist agenda Barack Obama has been pursuing.  His policies have amounted to making "Change We Can Believe In" the saddest hollow promise I've ever heard in my 42 years.

Specifically, his budgetary policies continue to serve the wealthy corporate investors in a fashion similar to George W Bush including offering to trade away social security; he is continuing to invest our military in wars upon wars rather than pursue more peaceable solutions; his administration
flip-flops on the drug war, muddying the legal waters while continuing to harass moral and innocent people in medical need, using taxpayer dollars as if they are criminals; and he has done astonishingly little to support renewable energy, compared to subsidies for fossil fuels and nuclear. 

Therefore, his name attached to your request does not inspire me to help you unless he truly becomes "The Change I Thought I Was Believing In."  Please send him this message--I voted for him in 2008, but he and any Democratic candidates he supports have squandered my good faith, and lost my support for 2012.

,
With peace and real hope,
Joel

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete."
 -Buckminster Fuller (Architect and Geometrist)


On 9 July 2011 15:09, Mary Jane Stevenson, CA.BarackObama.com <info@barackobama.com> wrote:

2012
Vote for Disappointment
Joel --

For the past several weeks, OFA California volunteers have been making calls and knocking on doors to help send Janice Hahn to Congress. And all of that work comes down to this, the final three days.

On Monday and Tuesday, it's all about getting out the vote. Will you join us in Oakland to help with the final push?

Here are the details:

What: Get out the vote for Janice Hahn

Where: 1714 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612

When: Tuesday, July 12th
10:00 am

RSVP now

Janice is the Democratic nominee in the 36th Congressional District's special election. She'll fight to create good jobs, support clean energy, and protect Medicare -- but only if we do our part to help her win.

RSVP to help out in Oakland on Tuesday:

http://my.barackobama.com/Calls-for-Janice-Hahn

Thanks,

Mary Jane

Mary Jane Stevenson
California State Director
Organizing for America

Paid for by Obama for America
This email was sent to:@gmail.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter