Friday, August 21, 2009
Brand New Pizza!
Today, I experimented and made a brand new pizza. I was a little nervous about how it would turn out because it was quite a risk, but it actually is excellent.
Here's the recipe for the new as-of-yet-unnamed pizza:
- Get or make some pizza dough. Oil a cookie sheet or pizza tin with 1 ounce olive (or other) oil, and spread out the dough. Prebake the crust for 6 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Take out the crust and tin. Let it cool and then spread-2-3 ounces of brown mustard evenly, and about 2 ounces of honey as well.
- Then sprinkle about 1/8 tsp hot curry, and several shakes of red pepper flakes on the crust.
- Add a few ounces of Parmesan cheese.
- Then add the cut up veggies: three sticks of celery, half of a fresh red pepper, and about half of a pickle, according to taste. You can also add onion, but I forgot to add it this time.
- Then portion out about 6-8 ounces of braunschweiger into little half-tsp blobs all over the pizza.
- Cover everything with about 8 ounces of grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 400-425 for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy.
agape to all,