May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

 

New Biggest Yacht in the World, Complete with Missile Defense System

.
Here is a yacht costing 300 million pounds. It's owned by Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, and an intentional display of wealth.

Go ahead, read about it.

I am keeping my eye on the world's largest private boats, because there's definitely a distributive justice issue here.

This is not to simply finger-point. This single example of a 40 year-old man throwing down hundreds of millions, probably billions, on boats for private use is just the superlative stereotype. In my previous post about the iGoogle photo themes, as I was writing how it would be nice to accommodate those with 1920 pixel wide screen resolutions, I realized that was indicative of my own luxury. I could perhaps get by with a smaller screen, and most people do, but at least I am using it. I have more guitars than I need, and we have a high-quality stroller for our baby, when many do just fine with a $50 umbrella stroller. For everything except the guitars, and even arguably the guitars, there is a rational reason:


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter