May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

Regarding the last post...

We had just gotten done going out to a place called Legends Food and Spirits, and had a few drinks with the parents and some friends of theirs who also snowbird. Though my dad is a teetotaler, my stepmother, my sweetie, and myself each had a few drinks. The musical entertainment was a group called "Ebony & Ivory", perhaps named after the Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney song. The group pretty much sings along to pre-recorded music with the vocals stripped out. Lots of old hits. Anyway, it was a bit odd to hear more than one person in this bar say "two ebony, one ivory" and not know exactly how to deconstruct or respond, since it was a name chosen by the band, and the color of their skin did indeed seem to relate to the band name, and the original song was all about Paul and Stevie getting along like keys on the keyboard and how we need both. Still, the "two ebony, one ivory" comment stuck with me incongruously.

During the course of the evening, I also had the idea that wouldn't major league sports be a tad cooler if each player had a charity component written into their contract? E.g.- for a 7 million dollar contract, 3 million could go toward habitat for humanity, or something.

And of course, everything I write in my blog is meant to go out as notes to my nieces and nephews, both the literal and figurative kind.

lyrics: That Steve/Paul song.

chant/prayer/mantra: The weather's just great here.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter