May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

I'm depressed (and Prozac, Zoloft, and Welbutrin are not appropriate treatment)

music: E major alternating with E dom 7

colors: Green, Grey

mood: not really depressed, but just considering it.

thoughts: um, don't mean to bring anyone down, but the world has a bit of bad stuff going on right now. i try to be cheery, but i have too much awareness of the world to disregard that. i'm feeling a little under the weather today, which doesn't help matters.

let's take a look at a few things that make me depressed:


i mean, why bother to go buy duct tape? what's the point in getting a new shirt, or eating my spinach/broccoli/kale? in any case, my point is with the world this depressing, why are we treating the symptoms of individual people's depression with mood-altering drugs, instead of going after the causes of the problem? oh yeah, the people who control economic power in a state of denial, because as Malcolm X so eloquently said several times in his autobiography (and I paraphrase): The man telling us to believe and to work so hard so we can have paradise when we die, while he gets to have his paradise right here on earth. (i realize that living in the u.s. middle class, i am a member of the "haves" group, but still, i don't consider myself living in heaven on earth, right now, unless i really stretch my logic for it. wish it were though.)

sometimes it feels like my core purpose in life is the only thing that keeps me going.

chant/prayer/mantra:
For the real solutions to arrive, and to thrive.
Amen.

if it was the last day of your life, you'd still have to live it.

warm hugs anyway,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter