May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Monday, January 21, 2013

 

"Pursuit of Happiness" Gets a Shout-Out in Barack Obama's 2nd Inaugural Address

‎"Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for, and cherished, and always safe from harm. That is our generation’s task – to make these words, these rights, these values – of Life, and Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness – real for every American. Being true to our founding documents does not require us to agree on every contour of life; it does not mean we will all define liberty in exactly the same way, or follow the same precise path to happiness." -Barack Obama, Jan 21, 2013

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2013/01/transcript_obamas_2nd_term_inaugural_address.html

I love these words, and I hope for and wonder if he really means this.

pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter