May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

 

The Kinks

I'm supposed to be writing a sermon on spiritual health, but what I really want to do to pass the time right now is learn how to play songs by the Kinks on guitar. So far, I've been working on Catch Me Now I'm Falling, Art Lover, and Celluloid Heroes.

When I grew up, I used to listen to their One for the Road live two-disc album incessantly in my bedroom, and then Give the People What They Want, and Come Dancing with the Kinks. This brings me back so much, and now that I can play those chords, it makes me feel all sentimental.

lyrics: "I'm calling on citizens from all over the world. This is Captain America calling. I helped you out when you were down on your knees. So will you catch me now I'm falling."

colors: White, Grey, Black, Blue (and yellow and red). The colors of my favorite electric guitar.

mood: well... sentimental.

chant/prayer/mantra: music heals.


pax hominibus,
agape to all,
joel

Labels: ,


Comments:
Coincidentally, Liam started learning "Warning" by Green Day at his guitar lesson today. His teacher, as always, attempts to bridge some sort of generation gap for me and explained that this is based on the Kinks' "Picture Book".

Of course, I don't know either song, because I am lame.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter