May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Commentary on the Future of Social Networking

linked above is a story written by Bruce Sterling about what the world of teens will be like once we're able to get the internet (and meatspace) all nice and secure. kind of sobering. i still need to read MacBeth -- i'm amazed at how many good books i still have on my to-do list, and it keeps growing!

also it was oddly unnerving to see the smiths/morrissey lyrics modernized into 2020's parlance near the end of the piece.

also, near the end of the commentary, there's a link to some well-explained consideration of computer justice versus human justice.

lyrics:

No water well in sight
No water at my sides
I'm sucking on the well
I'm sucking 'till I'm white


PJ Harvey, Dry

colors: light blue, blue, white

mood: reenergizing

chant/prayer/mantra: turn the beat around love to hear percussion


pax hominibus,
joel

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter