May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

/!\ Must have at most 150 characters

So how frustrating is this?

In the process of filling out my blogger profile info, they ask a Random Question:

For your birthday, your aunt gave you a maple syrup dispenser shaped like a rooster. Please write her a thank-you note.

So I wrote the following:

aunt maple

th roostr syrp dspnsr u snt is divine. all tht wakin early to plnt th oats, roostrs hav sch meanin fr me.

luv to u & uncl sam

ur sweet angel

So I tried so very hard to get it under 150 characters, and even brought the text into word to do a wordcount. The above from the 'a' in aunt to the 'l' in angel is 148 characters *including* spaces. What gives? What gives? I've been swearing up a storm trying to get the thing about the rooster to fit, and cutting it down to the bare minimum. Why is there a 150 char maximum for this question, and why does it not recognize that I have painstakingly whittled my original prose down to this Callista Flockhart thin version of English?

Just now I did a Google on Callista Flockhart to make sure I spelled it right, and followed the top hit. The top hit from Google goes to rubberfaces.com, whereupon I get all sorts of unbordered ads with the "Close me" X in random places, and on top of that, the site says Click Here to get the plug-in, with a little puzzle piece. That's what I get for using Firefox I guess.

Sorry so much bitching about nothing, but there really is a lot to bitch about, isn't there? The other day I was thinking that being a minister, one does need to make sure to strike a balance between commenting on all the bad things, and finding the good things to praise. I guess you find what you're looking for. Dang, I never should've followed that link to rubberfaces.com. I'm still here bitching, instead of browsing to find a pic of Callista to link to. And of course, in typical craptastic web design fashion, rubberfaces.com kills the backspace feature. I just re-learned a new practice of clicking the little "down arrow" to the right of the "back arrow" icon in the upper left of the window, so I can see the viewing history and circumvent those weasels at rubberfaces.com. We hates the rubberfaces people we does, we do, don't we precioussss?

OK I should be sleeping by now, but here is an excellent hand rendered Callista, all because I needed to fit in under 150 words: from
http://wossname.thingy.com/ portraits.htm


Ugh, and of course, I've been spelling her name wrong. I hate misspelling, but I'm intentionally not going to correct the above, as a matter of principle, since now that spelling is lodged in my mind, and enough people have also misspelled it, that perhaps it'll get accepted in a manner similar to 'irregardless'.

Actually, this picture is more like what I was thinking of:


That outfit is smashing, with the green stripes, though I think the multiple straps on the sandals goes too far in trying to match the stripes. Anyway, I don't know when that picture was taken, but I hope she's doing better, and more into enjoying sandwiches. I sure wish I could get away with wearing stuff like that, but I'm too masculine, and I don't think that shade of green is my color.... Maybe if I'm careful and find the right wig, it could work as a drag outfit, but still the green would be difficult I think.

There, follow?
150 words or less
make it thinner
like callista/calista
follow google to crappy rubberfaces.com site
bitch about how crappy rubberfaces.com is
reverse the digression and then find dopey drawing to link
find better image that conveys both thin AND green outfit
wonder if there's a way i could look good in that

hooray, for stream of consciousness dissected.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter