Monday, October 29, 2012
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 5/4 cup grated parmesan (fresh grated from brick is best)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic, or 8 cloves fresh diced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk
- lemon pepper to taste, or lemon peel and pepper
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- Saute any added veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, or primavera mix) in advance, or separately.
- Time pasta to finish with alfredo sauce. With prepped ingredients, takes ~10 minutes.
- Mix egg and ¼ cup half-and-half well with fork in small cup. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, garlic and most of half and half in a saucepan. Heat on medium-high until bubbling.
- Add parmesan and egg mix. Stir with whisk, don't let the egg curdle.
- Season with lemon pepper and red peppers to taste.
- Add parsley.
- Cook all, stirring, until thickened slightly.
- Immediately remove from stove. Serve over 12 ounces of pasta.