May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

 

Sfood "on distributive entitlement"

"I couldnt't understand whites and where they got the right to spend money so lavishly." -Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Chapter 8
NB: she is speaking on whites.  I am applying to humans with wealth beyond necessities.  I declare that the right to make and purchase lavish resources is a humanity-ordained initiative (not provided by god or this planet), and we better check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.  We collectively, thru discourse, evolved to this conclusion and no longer question the inherent assumptions.  We are barely even in a position to ask these q's, wo/ major consternation at examining our lifestyles.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter