May I let my voice be a clarion call. I will use these words for justice. I will use these words for truth. And humour.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

 

125 Words Per Minute

That is the answer to my current guess about preaching speed.

I always forget how long a written sermon needs to be to fit into a given length of time, partially because I write the sermon in 12-point single-space with 0.5" margins, and then when it comes time to preach, I switch over to 1.5-space or double-space, at 18-point font, with a 3" margin at the bottom. That's a lot to keep track of.

The easiest way for me to remember is to just know my words per minute, and use the Tools/Wordcount tool in OpenOffice or Word.

I'm sure I'll eventually get into the groove, but for now, I'm leaving this post as a bookmark.


bloorgh,
joel

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free page hit counter